Time to travel
Mid-October to mid-November and March April are considered best months for this trip. The trip cannot be done during rainy summer months.
Hanoi- Halong Bay –Hanoi- Sapa – Sin Chai – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Tavan – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan- Ban Ho – Nam Toong – My Son – Thanh Phu Sapa town –Hanoi
This trip is special designed to cover most of the highlights of North West of Vietnam. You will come face to face with the spectacular landscapes and colourful inhabitants of this region. Ethnic minorities in outstanding traditional custom, hill tribe hamlets in deep fog and mountainous markets, all have created peacefulness and quietness for this land.
We will travel by night train from Hanoi to Sapa, explore Sin Chai village, enjoy a lunch nearby a waterfall In Cat Village; trek along Hoang Lien mountain range witnessing some of the boldest scenery on earth; cruise into mystic Halong Bay seeing the fascinating formations; visit one of the biggest and most beautiful cave in Ha Long Bay.
Day 01: Arrival in Hanoi
- Upon arrival in Hanoi international airport, a rahhalah representative will meet you and transfer to the hotel.In the afternoon, we will take one-hour cycling around the Old Quarter, known as the 36 streets; this bustling area of narrow streets is home to literally thousands of small businesses and shopkeepers. Originally, each of the 36 streets names’ was related to the products being sold there.Before we go back to hotel, we will have chance enjoy the unique Water Puppet show. Hear the Vietnamese traditional instruments and singing from the live musicians who play throughout the show. In the evening, we will be met again for our welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant in town. Overnight in Hanoi
Day 02: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight Cruise (B, L, D)
Pick up at our hotel in Hanoi after breakfast, we will take 180 KM to Halong Bay – The Bay of Descending Dragon, which is located in the Northeast of Vietnam. Halong Bay has been recognized by UNESCO as the World Natural Heritage thanks to its universal values of landscape, geology and geomorphology, respectively in 1994 and 2000 and is one of the most beautiful bays in the world.
On arrival in Halong, we will embark on V’Spirit Classic Cruise followed by a short cruise briefing. We will then savor a delectable lunch while V’Spirit Classic cruises among the limestone islands. In the mid-afternoon, we explore the amazing Sung Sot Cave – the most beautiful cave in Halong Bay before returning to the main boat and continue cruising to the quiet area. In the late afternoon, we attend in a cooking demonstration and sunset party on sundeck and enjoy dinner with fresh seafood. Overnight on board.
Day 3: Halong Bay Cruise (B, L, D)
Wake up early in the morning for a Tai Chi exercises or a photo hunt. After that, we have breakfast on board and enjoy the peaceful morning of Halong Bay. We then transfer to a day-cruise and start our second day exploring the bay. We will experience the life of a fisherman and learn more about the daily life of the local. We then explore the zone by kayak or just lay back or enjoy a nice swim at nearby remote beach.
At around noon, we return to the day-cruise for lunch. In the afternoon, we explore the area while passing Cua Van Fishing Village and visit a Pearl Farm and learn the technique for making high quality pearls. Back to the main boat in the late afternoon for freshen up for dinner. We spend the second night on board.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Overnight Train to Sapa (B, L)
Start your day with Tai Chi exercises or a photo hunt and have breakfast while cruising in the peaceful Halong bay. We then pick up our paddle and kayak among the hidden areas of the bay, around the Man’s Head Islet area. Return to our boat at around 10 AM for freshen up and check out of your cabin. Relax in the sundeck while our cruise passing Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet, and more. Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch while heading back to the harbor. On arrival, we will find our private car is waiting and take us back to Hanoi.
The rest of the day will be free for dinner until our car arrives to take us to Hanoi Railway Station to board the sharing 4 soft berths cabin to Sapa.
Day 5: Sapa arrival – Trekking tour to Sin Chai – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai (B,L,D)
On arrival in Lao Cai Station, we will be welcomed by our guide and driven to Sapa. After having breakfast in a local restaurant, we will transfer downhill to Sin Chai village of Black Hmong minority, which locates right at the foot of Hoang Lien mountain range. Here we start heading up the mountain. Once we get to the top, we will trek on a small trail with spectacular view and then gradually descend to Cat Cat village, where we will have lunch nearby a waterfall.
In the afternoon, we take a trail sneaking through mountain. We also will enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river you eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black Hmong minority, where we can take a rest in a nice spot nearby the beautiful river. Continue the trekking to Lao Chai Village and spend the night in a local family of Black H’mong in Y Linh Ho village.
Note: Trekking Distance 14 KM – 6 (to 7) Hours
Day 6: Lao Chai – Tavan – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Ban Ho Homestay (B, L, D)
Today’s trek will continue along Hoang Lien mountain range, which offers us many opportunities to enjoy view over huge rice paddy terraces in Muong Hoa valley, the largest one in the area.
After having lunch at a nice spot, we descend into the bottom of the valley. We will pass through Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority and then Tavan village of Giay minority by following a very popular trekking route. We spend the night in a traditional house of Giay minority. We will be able to take a walk to enjoy the valley view as well as swim in the river nearby. In the late afternoon, we will arrive in Ban Ho Village where we spend the night.
Note: Trekking Distance 18 KM – 7 (to 8) Hours
Day 7: Ban Ho – Nam Toong – My Son – Thanh Phu Homestay (B, L, D)
After breakfast in the homestay, we continue our trek through different villages of Red Dzao, H’mong and Tay people. Along the way, we stop at La Vi Waterfall for a visit (weather permits, you can enjoy a swimming here) before reaching Nam Toong Village – Home to Red Dzao people.
In the afternoon, we continue trekking to the very remote area of My Son – home to Sa Pho’s minority people. The village is very poor but the local people are very friendly. Continue to Thanh Phu Village of Tay people where we have dinner and spend the night in a homestay.
Note: Trekking Distance 16 KM – 7 (to 8) Hours
Day 8: Thanh Phu – Ban Ho – Car pick up to Sapa – Express Bus back to Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast at the homestay, we will make another way back to Ban Ho village. After lunch in Ban Ho Village, we will have a private vehicle to take us back to Sapa town.
At around 4 PM, we will get in our Express Bus and transfer back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi at 9.30 PM, we check in our hotel for the night.
Note: Trekking Distance 8 KM – 3 Hours
Day 9: Hanoi – City tour & sightseeing (B,L,D)
After breakfast, we start our Hanoi orientation city tour to visit:
Ho Chi Minh complex where we will spend time at Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his former stilt-house, the Presidential Palace, the Ho Chi Minh Museum and One Pillar Pagoda. Followings we visit the Temple of Literature, which originally built as a temple to Confucius.
After lunch, we visit the Museum of Ethnology, which is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples and the infamous Hoa Loa Prison Museum. Hoa Loa is also known as the ‘’Hanoi Hilton’’ and was where former US presidential candidate John McCain was incarcerated for over 5 years.
We then return to hotel at early afternoon, take time free to go shopping on your own.
The evening we meet the tour guide again for going outside to have a farewell dinner.
Spend this tonight overnight in Hanoi
Day 10: Hanoi – Departure (B)
Departure airport / time: Noi Bai International airport: Advise by you.
Free at leisure for last minute shopping before transferring back to the airport for our flight to home. Say goodbye to Hanoi. Trip ends. (Guide & driver pick –up at hotel in Hanoi).
per person in a group of minimum 2, Double occupancy.
21st April 2017
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
- This cost is valid till 30th Sep 2017.
- Option with 4* and 5* Hotels is also available. Please contact our office.
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior the departure.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change
- All accommodation subject to change to similar one depending on availability.
- English speaking guide (s) separate in Hanoi & to Ha Long & in Sapa tour part.
- All private transfer/transportation by private car/van/bus due to group sizes:
- Entrance fees to visit all sites in trip.
- Meals indicated in the program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D= Dinner):
- Daily breakfast at hotel/at home stay/on boat cruise.
- Lunch & Dinner in tour & local restaurant & on boat cruise.
- Flexible to arrange diet, vegetarian food on requested…
- All Accommodation with daily breakfast as indicated in above table.
- Reasonable mineral 1 bottle of water/person/day tour
- Round trip local train by King Express or similar train with A/C or equivalent
- Kayaking or Rock climbing as optional in Halong Bay cruise trip.
- Black Hmong porters (to carry foods, water and luggage during the trek)
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International flight ticket
- Single supplement
- Surcharge for Private cabin for the train Hanoi- Lao Cai
- High Season Surcharge
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport tax
- Visa and visa fee
- Medical and travel insurance
- Optional activities
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal matters
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.