Time to travel
Around the year but not during the summer months due to the rainy season ( June, July, August). Mid Oct to mid Nov and March is considered best time for this trek.
Fansipan Mount Trek
At 3,143 meters, Mount Fansipan is the highest peak in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. You do not need any climbing experience to successfully climb this mountain, this adventure is more of a trek and is suitable for anyone with good stamina. We will explore the beautiful landscapes, from the scattered rocks inscribed with drawings and designs of unknown origin, to the French influenced hill retreat town of Sapa with its minority groups.
- Altitude:3143 m
- Vietnam is located in South East Asia, it is bordered by China to the north, Laos to the northwest, and Cambodia to the Southwest.
Day 01: Arrival in Hanoi ( D)
Upon arrival in Hanoi a Rahhalah representative will pick you up at the airport and take you to Hanoi.
In the afternoon, we will cycle around the Old Quarter, known as the 36 streets, a bustling area of narrow streets filled with small businesses and shopkeepers.
Before we go back to hotel, we will watch the unique Water Puppet show with traditional Vietnamese instruments and singing by the live musicians who play throughout the show. In the evening, we will enjoy our welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant in town.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 02: Hanoi – City tour – Night train to Sapa (B, L )
We will spend a few hours at Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his former stilt-house residence, the Presidential Palace, the Ho Chi Minh museum and one pillar pagoda. We wll also visit the Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070.
Lunch will be at a fine local restaurant in Hanoi.
In the afternoon, we will visit the Museum of Ethnology, it has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. We will the wander around the city by car to see the real life of Hanoian as well as the difference parts the city.
Tonight we transfer to Hanoi Railways station for our night train to Sapa.
Overnight on the train.
Note: train cabin is shared between 4 pax. Private cabin available upon request and extra charge.
Day 03: Arrival in Sapa – Tram Ton – 2800m (B, L, D)
First, we will visit Silver Waterfall and then drive to Heaven Gate, the highest peak of roads in Vietnam. From there we can see Fansipan, the highest peak of Indochina mountains. The trek will be relatively easy until lunchtime. After a couple of hours of hiking, we will have a lunch break at a scenic spot in the forest.
After we have refuelled, we will make our way to the campsite, taking in the stunning scenery and magnificent views along our way to the Sapa area and beautiful landscape of Lai Chau province.
We will reach our campsite in the late afternoon, relax, and end our day with a lovely dinner.
Approx: 0,5 hour driving/ 6 hours walking/ 1 hour lunch.
Day 4: 2800m – the top of Fansipan ( 3143m) – 2200m (B, L, D)
We will climb to the top of Fanispan today, you can enjoy the best views from this vantage point and we will make sure to celebrate our success! On our way down, we will stop for lunch and then continue all the way downhill through the rainforest. This part requires concentration as it is a steep trail until the campsite at 2200m ASL. Here we will spend another night in a tent.
Approx: 8 hours walking/ 1 hour lunch
Day 5: 2200m – Sin Chai – Sapa (B, L, -)
We will rise early to enjoy our last morning with fresh air in wild nature, before heading back to civilization.
We trek downhill through well-protected forest and after two hours of hiking, we wil stop for lunch.
We will then continue towards Sin Chai village of the Back Hmong minority. On the way, we will be able to enjoy stunning valley views.
We stop at the village for a while before we go by car back to Sapa, where we can celebrate our achievement and relax.
Approx: 5 hour driving/ 4 hours walking/ 1 hour lunch.
Day 6: Sapa – Free day – Express bus to Hanoi (B)
We are free to relax today. In the afternoon, we transfer back to Hanoi by Express bus.
Bus timings: Depart Sapa at 15:45 pm. Arrive Hanoi at 21:15 -21:30 pm.
Check in the hotel in Hanoi for overnight.
Day 7: Departure (B)
Transfer for departure flight.
per person in a group of min 2.
24th February 2017 / 20th October 2017
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
- This cost is valid till 30th Sep 2017.
- Option with 4* and 5* Hotels is available. Please contact our office.
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior the departure.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change
- English speaking guide (s): separate for tour in Hanoi; Sapa/Fansipan trek.
- Private car/van/bus depending on group size (separate in Hanoi & Sapa)
- Entrance fees for visiting sites as indicated in the itinerary.
- Transport to/from Sapa as described
- Meals as described
- Accommodation in Standard 3* Hotels– Double/ Twin occupancy
- Hanoi -Authentic hotel or similar
- Sapa village-Home-stay
- Sapa town- Sunny Mountain hotel or similar
- Fansipan trek (Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)/ cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)/ Sleeping bag and mattresses/ Waterproof bluebag for luggage/ Tents if needed/ Mosquito net/ All entrance fees and permit/ Overnight in local house or tent
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International flight ticket
- Single supplement
- Surcharge for Private cabin for the train Hanoi- Lao Cai
- High Season Surcharge
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport tax
- Visa and visa fee
- Medical and travel insurance
- Optional activities
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of personal matters
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.