Time to travel
January to mid March
Arctic Sky and Nature Trail Program/Exclusive Husky Adventure/Northern Light Searching by Snowshoes/Exclusive Snowmobile Adventure/Visit to a Reindeer Farm and Skiing adventure (beginner level)/Visit to the Santa Claus Village
This remarkable and memorable experience will take you to Lapland, Finland and offer you an incredible, once in a lifetime experience. Luosto is a small village in northern Finland, in Lapland, surrounded by national park. On this short holiday to this enchanting winter wonderland, spend the days participating in adventurous activities from husky sledding through snowy forest to reindeer safaris and snowmobiling, and learn new skills in skiing and snowshoeing. At night, gaze at the sky and hopefully marvel at the Northern Lights dancing above you.
- The beautiful dancing northern lights (aurora) are collisions between electrically charged particles from the sun that enter the earth’s atmosphere. The lights are seen above the magnetic poles of the northern and southern hemispheres. They are known as ‘Aurora borealis’ in the north and ‘Aurora australis’ in the south.
- These lights appear in many colours but pale green and pink are the most common while shades of red, yellow, green, blue, and violet are rare.
Day 1 : Arrival Luosto/ Arctic Sky and Nature Trail Program in the evening
Arriving at Rovaniemi you will be picked up from the airport and taken directly to your hotel in Luosto. The drive will take approximately 1h30min through the snowy landscape.
Accommodation: Santa’s Hotel Aurora, standard rooms with fireplace
Santa’s Hotel Aurora is located in the heart of Luosto Village. Hotel Aurora combines all the best of an enchanting fell cottage with carefree, quality hotel accommodation. The hotel is located right in the centre of Luosto, in the immediate vicinity of all services and events. The hotel also offers modern and well-equipped ‘Arctic View’ rooms with glass ceiling and glass walls.
Dinner at the hotel, after which Arctic Sky and Nature Trail Program:
Arctic sky and nature of Lapland will come familiar to you during our fascinating 2,8 km walk around beautiful lake Ahvenlampi and oldngrowth pine forest. Northern Lights may surprise you and you will learn how to take photos about them.
Day 02: Husky Adventure and Snowshoeing
Breakfast at the hotel.
At 10:00 Embark on a full-day safari to forests with husky teams, 2 persons/team and guests can take turns in driving. Small picnic will be enjoyed during the trek. All equipment included, return transfers from Luosto to husky farm by car.
Dinner at the hotel.
In the evening, join a Northern Lights search with Snowshoes. Our experienced guide leads you safely to places where are good possibilities to see Northern lights and tells you interesting facts about Northern lights, Lappish nature and Lappish history. Includes friendly guiding, equipment and transportation.
Day 03: Snowmobile Safari to Wilderness
Breakfast at the hotel. After, join a Snowmobile Safari to Wilderness – The best way to get to the heart of nature – and back. During this fun safari, you’ll learn how to snowmobile along frozen swamps and through forests covered with snow. Enjoy the beautiful views of Lappish nature. A break with hot beverages will keep your motor running.
Day 4: Reindeer herding and Skiing adventure (beginner level)
Breakfast at the hotel.
Today, we visit a local reindeer farm where we learn about the life of reindeer herders, and go for 1h sleigh ride with the reindeers.
Coffee, juice and pastries on open fire are served. Lunch at the hotel.
You will also get the chance to learn the basics of traditional skiing around beautiful forest and landscapes at Luosto. Includes friendly instruction and equipment.
Farewell dinner at the hotel.
Overnight: a glass igloo
All four seasons of Lapland can be experienced as arctic view rooms are designed and made for all year round use. In winter you get closest to the winter polar nights and Aurora Borealis. The unique midsummer sun and the nightless nights in the summer gives another view to the Lappish nature. In autumn and spring you can experience the nature and animals preparing to the new season. Scenic landscape of Luosto presents itself every day as anew. Almost like watching the new painting every day!Arctic View Glass rooms are equipped with shower, WC, water boiler with coffee and tea, TV, aurora alarm phone, wifi and hairdryer. Rooms can be fitted with one extra bed. All other hotel services as reception, breakfast, lobby bar and restaurant in main building of Santa’s Hotel Aurora are only a few steps away from your Arctic View room.
Day 5: Departure
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer back to Rovaniemi, where on arrival we will visit the,renowned Santa Claus Village for two hours. Great place for souvenir shopping, and of course, for meeting the “real” Santa.
5810 USD/1750 KWD
per person in a group of 8 pax. Double occupancy.
19th February 2017
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
- This cost is valid 19th-23th Feb 17
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior to departure date.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change
- Accommodation: 3 nights in a standard room with fireplace and sauna, 1 nights in a glass igloo ( subject to availability)
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches (days 2,3 and 4), 4 dinners (days 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Activities as per itinerary:
- Day 1: Arctic Sky and Nature Trail Program
- Day 2: Exclusive Husky Adventure and Northern Light Searching by Snowshoes
- Day 3: Exclusive Snowmobile Adventure
- Day 4: Visit to a Reindeer Farm and Skiing
- Day 5: Visit to the Santa Claus Village on the way to the Airport.
- Transfers to/from Rovaniemi Airport, and to all activities where needed
- International airfare
- Airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Single Supplement cost
- Meals not mentioned above
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers