Arrival Amman- Wadi rum camp- Petra-Wadi Mujib- Amman- Departure Amman
Jordan, an Arab nation on the east bank of the Jordan River, is defined by ancient monuments, nature reserves and seaside resorts. It’s a home to the famed archaeological site of Petra, the Nabatean capital dating to around 300 B.C.E. Set in a narrow valley with tombs, temples and monuments carved into the surrounding pink sandstone cliffs. Petra is considered to be one of the New Seven wonders of the world.
On our trip you will have an unforgettable experience through the ever-changing landscapes of Jordan’s southern regions. You will participate in Desert survival skills course in Wadi Rum camp, enjoy the magnificent sunrise on camel back, hike Petra through the back trail and get involved in community work; You will embark on a canyoneering trip in Wadi AlMujib and explore one of the most beautiful canyons in Jordan; you will also enjoy a swim in Dead sea and visit the Authentic downtown in Amman. This trip has as much fun and adventure that can be possibly fitted into 3 days.
- Activities: hiking/ trekking, camel riding, camping, community work, desert survival skills course, canyoneering, swimming
- Wadi Rum also known as The Valley of the Moon is a valley cut into the sandstone and granite rock in southern Jordan 60 km (37 mi) to the east of Aqaba; it is the largest wadi in Jordan.
- Petra , originally known as Raqmu to the Nabataeans, is a historical and archaeological city in the southern Jordanian governorate of Ma’an that is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduit system. Petra has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985.
- Wadi Mujib, known from the Hebrew Bible as River Arnon, is a river in Jordan which enters the Dead Sea at 410 metres below sea level.
All Rahhalah ground handlers and guides are locally employed ensuring more authentic experience for travelers, as well as sensitivity to local customs and cultures.
We run a low impact operation and we leave no traces behind, contributing to the efforts of protection of the local land, its people and culture.
All our local guides and staff are properly employed and adequately equipped. In addition we emphasize on making extensive use of local products and enhance maximum economic benefits to the local communities.
As you all know 1% of our revenue go back to a local cause and Rahhalah directly takes care of that. This is our pay back promise.
Day 01: Arrival Amman/ Wadi Rum camp ( L,D)
- Upon arrival at Amman airport at 9:00 am our representative will meet you and transfer to Wadi Rum camp ( approx 3 hrs drive)
- Arrival in Wadi rum camp at noon.
- Check in camp and then Begin our lunch BBQ at 1pm.
- 3pm hike and Desert survival skills course.
- 6 pm return to camp, shower and relax until 8pm.
- 8pm dinner served followed by reflection and some activities.(music)
Overnight: camp (Double occupancy)
Meals included: Lunch BBQ / Dinner Zharb at camp site
Day 02: Wadi Rum camp –Petra (B, L, D)
- 5:30am early wake up call.
- Breakfast and then mount camels to embark on 2 hour journey to enjoy the sunrise.
- 8 am return; check out from camp and drive to Petra (1 hour 30 minutes).
- 10 am begin hiking Petra through the back trail (one of the seven wonders of the world).
- 1 pm lunch box is served
- 5 pm hike finishes and we check into the campsite .
- 6 pm community work in Petra
- 8 pm reflection and music while having dinner Mansaf.
Overnight: camp. (Double occupancy)
Meals included: Breakfast at camp site/Lunch box/Dinner mansaf at camp site
Day 3: Petra-Wadi Mujib-Amman- Departure (B, L)
- An Early rise and breakfast at 7am
- 7:30am depart to Wadi Mujib (2 hours 30 minutes drive)
- 10am-1pm Wadi Mujib hike
- 1pm – 2pm check into lodge to shower and swim in Dead Sea. (Light snacks)
- 2pm transfer to down town Amman.
- 3pm -4 pm Lunch
- 4pm – 6pm free shopping time in authentic down town Amman.
- 6 pm transfer to the airport for departure flight (1 hour).
Meals included: Breakfast at campsite/Light snack box/Late lunch at an Authentic Down town restaurant in Amman.
21st September 2017
per person in a group of min 10 participants. Double occupancy
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior the departure.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- Airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation in camps, Double occupancy
- Meals as described
- Activities as described
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International Airfare
- Optional activities
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified above
- Visa fees
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience to the travelers.