Time to travel
The early months of the year are considered best months for this trip
Arrival Foz do Iguaçu – Iguaçu Falls Sao Paolo- Paraty-Rio De Janeiro – Departure Rio De Janeiro
Iguassu Falls is one of the New Wonders of Nature. It is divided between Brazil and Argentina, the imaginary line of boundary between the two countries is the Devil’s Throat, one of the waterfalls. The Falls are the largest sequence of waterfalls in the world and have been enacted as a World Heritage by UNESCO. The Iguassu Falls are formed by swirling water creating a unique spectacle.
For many centuries, São Paulo was a rather unexciting city. This changed radically with the arrival of great waves of immigrants at the end of the 19th century, followed by migrants from other parts of Brazil in the early 20th century. They were attracted by the coffee plantations and later by industry and the service sector. In this way, the city grew and new traditions took root. Today, the capital of the State of São Paulo is, besides being an important economic and financial hub, one of the main centres for the development of new trends, culture and entertainment in Brasil.
Paraty is a beautiful colonial city considered a World Heritage Site. It preserves until nowadays its countless natural and architectural charm. Walking through the Historic Center of Paraty is entering into another era. The construction of its houses and churches reflect a period style and the mysterious masonry symbols which decorate its walls, lead our imagination back to life. In the 18th century, it was an important port through which it drained gold and precious stones of Minas Gerais to be shipped to Portugal. However, the constant pirate’s assaults, who took refuge in close beaches, changed the gold route leading the city to a great economic isolation. Around the 70’s, due to easier access through a new road, Paraty has become a more touristic place due to its history, beautiful nature and landscape.
Beach, history, nature, samba, football, happiness and even Carnival – this is Rio. Known as Cidade Maravilhosa (marvellous city), Rio is one of the most desired cities in the world to be visited by all kind of travellers. Do not miss it! Come to Rio and enjoy it as a local.
The world’s best-known popular festival is the Brazilian Carnival. Since the 18th century, it has taken place 40 days before Lent. This great fiesta is more alive today than ever, with more than 1 million people enjoying Rio’s street parties, known as blocos, each day. The samba parade is Carnival’s main event and the most important time of the year for the city’s samba schools – this is their chance to show the world the true meaning of spectacular as they perform in the Sambadrome. You can simply watch or even join the parade! Elsewhere in town, everyone from kids to their grandparents, celebrate Carnival for 5 days and nights – it is an essential part of Rio life. Come and enjoy it at least once in a lifetime!
- Iguassu Falls are waterfalls of the Iguazu River on the border of the Argentine province of Misiones and the Brazilian state of Paraná. They are the largest waterfalls system in the world
- São Paulo is among the world’s most populated cities, with numerous cultural institutions and a rich architectural tradition. Its iconic buildings range from its neo-Gothic cathedral and the 1929 Martinelli skyscraper to modernist architect Oscar Niemeyer’s curvy Edifício Copan.
- Rio de Janeiro is a huge seaside city famous for its Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, 38m Christ the Redeemer statue atop Mount Corcovado and for Sugarloaf Mountain, a granite peak with cable cars to its summit.
- Rio de Janeiro is also known for its sprawling favelas (shanty towns) and Carnaval festival
Day 01: Arrival Foz do Iguassu (D)
Arrive at Foz do Iguaçu Airport, our guide will meet you and transfer to the Hotel. Check-in. Free afternoon. At the appropriate time, transfer to Pallazo Barbecue House for Dinner. Return to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 02: Foz do Iguassu – Brazilian Side / Macuco Safari – 5-6 hours (B, L, D)
After breakfast leave for a private visit to the Brazilian Side of Iguassu Falls including the Macuco Safari tour. Lunch at Porto Canoas Restaurant Included. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Brazilian Side of Iguassu Falls: Arrive at the Visitors Center, located 12 km from the heart of the Park. Visitors will be transferred on specially conditioned vehicles to the catwalks for a walking tour of approximately 1 km long, where you will admire the falls (80 meters high e 2780 meters width) from different viewpoints. At the end of the catwalk, you will find a fantastic close-up encounter with the Devil’s Throat and main falls.
Macuco Safari: This tour takes place inside the Iguaçu National Park (Brazil), about seven kilometers from the Visitors Center. Going up the river in specially prepared boats to get to the bottom of Iguaçu Falls and to be able to admire and feel them close. Whirlpools, waves and currents provoked by the falls add adrenaline and lots of emotions to this unforgettable tour. Note: Daily departure from 9:00am to 5:20pm.Duration: 2 hours.
Day 03: Foz do Iguassu – Itaipu Dam – 2-3 hours / SÃO PAULO (B, D)
After breakfast leave for a private visit to Itaipu Dam. Return to hotel. After check-out private transfer to the Airport to board flight (not included) to São Paulo. Lunch not included. Arrival, reception and private transfer to the hotel. Check-in. At the appropriate time walk to Veridiana Pizzaria for Dinner (walking distance – 10 min from hotel). Return to the hotel and overnight.
Itaipu Dam: Considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, Itaipu is the largest hydroelectric power plant in the world in power generation. A project carried out jointly between Brazil and Paraguay that currently generates 90% of the energy consumed in Paraguay and 23% of the energy consumed in Brazil. This visit is made outside and inside the dam with more detailed information about the operation and energy production. During the trip several stops are made in specific areas that show the operation process; the shaft of a turbine can be observed
Day 4: Sao Paolo – Historical city tour – 6-7 hours (B, L, D)
Breakfast and leave for a nice full day city tour around São Paulo city. The historical and old downtown of the city, showing important sightseeing and understanding the area where everything has begun in São Paulo! Here you´ll visit Se Cathedral, Theater Municipal, Benedictine Monastery, 34th floor Banespa Tower, Nossa Senhora da Luz, Observatory in Italia Building. After lunch at Galletos Restaurant, visit the Paulista Avenue the modern and business area of the city, São Paulo Museum of Art (MASP) and stop to walk around the unique, “cool”, and young neighborhood called Vila Madalena, showing all the graffiti, urban arts, bars and seeing the local side of city. Afterwards stop to know and take a picture in Ibirabuera Park. Return to the hotel and free time. At the appropriate time walk to Rascal Restaurant for dinner (walking distance – 15 min from hotel). Overnight.
Day 5: Sao Paolo-Paraty (B,D)
Breakfast and free time to enjoy São Paulo by your own. After check-out at 12:00 private transfer to Paraty. Lunch not included.
Arrival and check-in. Free afternoon. At the appropriate time leave to Banana da Terra Restaurant for dinner (walking distance – 5 min from hotel). Overnight.
Day 6: Paraty – Walking Tour / Stand Up Paddle (SUP) – 6-7 hours (B, L)
After breakfast depart for a private historical and cultural tour in Paraty. Free time for lunch at Margarida Café and depart for a Stand Up Paddle.
Stand Up Paddle: The protected flat waters of Paraty’s bay have perfect Stand up Paddling conditions. After the safety instructions at Jabaquara beach, just outside the old town, we paddle around, visiting a mangrove area, and Itu Beach. Water is included.
Return to the hotel.
Day 7: Paraty – Mamangua Sugar Loaf Peak –7-8 hours (B, L)
After breakfast a private transfer to Paraty Mirim and then a boat to Saco do Mamanguá. Hike up Mamanguá Sugarloaf Peak (500m). On the way back, stop for lunch in a typical restaurant (fish) in the Bay of Paraty and swim at islands and beaches.
Saco do Mamanguá: Located on the nearby Joatinga Peninsular Eco-reserve, Brazil’s only tropical fjord, the Saco do Mamanguá, is a unique marine ecosystem and tropical paradise.
Return to Paraty. Overnight
Day 8: Paraty – Sea Kayaking Bay – 4-5 hours (B, D
Breakfast. Paddling across Paraty bay’s warm and sheltered waters. Lunch not included.
Sea Kayaking Bay: If you want to get closer to nature without the noise of a motor boat this is a great option to see wildlife and visit places like the mangroves, islands and beaches nearby. The views of the old town and the coastal mountain range behind Paraty are spectacular. There are various options of routes! No previous experience is required. We give paddling and safety instructions for sea kayaks.
Return to Paraty and free afternoon. At the appropriate time walk to La Luna Restaurant for dinner. Return to hotel and overnight
Day 9: Paraty – Rio De Janeiro (B, D)
After breakfast, check-out and land transfer to Rio de Janeiro. Lunch not included. Arrival and check-in. A welcome dinner in a typical restaurant with your guide.
DAY 10 - DAY 12: Rio De Janeiro (B)
Introduction / Blocos Tour – 3 hours – Walking tour around the Copacabana and Ipanema finishing in one of the hundreds of blocos (street parties) that take place in Rio during Carnival time.
Sugar Loaf – 3 hours – Sugar Loaf visit start at Praia Vermelha where a cable car (bondinho) connects to Urca Hill, located at 215 meters of altitude but this is only the first stop. From there another cable car goes up to 395m from where you can see the entire Guanabara Bay and its islands, Flamengo land filling, the Corcovado and Rio-Niterói bridge, besides the majestic mountains that protect and embellish the city. Also, a unique perspective of Copacabana beach, Santa Cruz Fortress and some beaches of Niterói complete the experience.
Christ the Redeemer – 3 hours
Located at Corcovado Peak (700m) with 30m height, 635 tonnes Christ the Redeemer was considered one of the 7 new wonders of the world. Only that would make a visit worth, but also the views of Rio from there complete the reasons for the visit.
Sambadrome Parade – Sector 11 – 12 hours – During the evening depart with your host by metro to the Sambadrome (SECTOR 11 TKT is included) to see the most famous party all over the world. The Sambadrome is a special tiered street specifically designed for the Samba parades. From the top 12 schools, 6 perform on the Sunday and 6 on the Monday at the Sambadrome. Each school can have more than 3000 members and the school is judged on the song, costumes, choreography and other 7 items. Your host will be with you all night.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ( extra cost applies)
Join the Parade – Join the Parade in a Samba School Costume by metro. You will get your costume, we will teach you how to act at the parade and also try to make you learn some parts of the song.
2nd visit to the Sambadrome at Sector 5
Community Visit – The Morrinho Project is a social and cultural project based outside Pereira da Silva favela (slum) in the Southern Zone of Rio de Janeiro. A Model of 450m2 made of bricks and other recycled materials. With the aim of showing that favela life is multi-dimensional, and endeavours to communicate their own reality through film, plastic arts, theatre, and music. The idea was born from two brothers: Cirlan Souza de Oliveira and Maycon Souza Oliveira who were accustomed to playing with scraps of tiles and Lego blocks.
DAY 13: Departure (B)
After breakfast, free morning to relax and enjoy Rio de Janeiro .Check out at 12pm and transfer to the airport for departure flight.
5,557 USD USD per person
in a group of min 6 pax. Double occupancy.
Domestic Ticket Cost:
Feb18th – Foz do Iguaçu (IGU) / São Paulo (GRU)
JJ 3558 12:58h / 14:35h
142 USD per person – Taxes included ( price subject to change depending on the airline cost at the time of booking)
16th February 2017
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies. Single supplement cost is 1735 USD per person.
- This cost is valid from 16th– 28th Feb 17
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior the departure.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation subject to change to similar one depending on availability.
- The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions.
Foz do Iguaçu
- 2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast (B) based on Double occupancy ; Wish Golf Resort – Superior Room – wishgolfresort.com.br or similar
- Private Transfers – Airport / Hotel / Airport;
- Welcome Dinner (D) at Pallazo Barbecue House (beverages not included);
- Dinner (D) at the Hotel Restaurant (beverages not included);
- Private Tour (5h – 6h) to Brazilian Falls and Macuco Safari including Lunch (L) at Porto Canoas Restaurant + 1 dessert per person (beverages not included) and entrance fee;
- Private Tour (2h – 3h) to Itaipu Dam with entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- 2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast (B) based on Double occupancy; Royal Jardins Boutique Hotel – Super Deluxe Room – royalhoteis.com.br or similar
- Private Transfers – Airport / Hotel / Paraty;
- Dinner (D) at Veridiana Pizzaria (beverages not included);
- Private Tour (6h – 7h) to Old Downtown and Modern Side in São Paulo including Lunch (L) at Galetos Restaurante (beverages not included), entrance fees not included;
- Dinner (D) at Rascal Restaurant (beverages not included);
- English speaking guide
- 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast (B) based on Double occupancy; Pousada Porto Imperial – Superior Room – portoimperial.com.br or similar
- Private Transfer – Paraty / Rio de Janeiro;
- Dinner (D) at Banana daTerra Restaurant (beverages not included);
- Lunch (L) at Margarida Café (beverages not included);
- Private Walking tour and Stand Up Paddle tour (6h – 7h) in Paraty;
- Private tour (7h – 8h) to Mamangua Sugar Loaf Peak tour with Lunch (L) in a typical restaurant (beverages not included);
- Private Sea Kayaking Bay tour (4h – 5h) in Paraty;
- Dinner (D) at La Luna Restaurant (beverages not included);
- Fruits and water during the tours;
- English speaking guides
Rio de Janeiro
- 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast (B) based on Double occupancy; Windsor Plaza Hotel – Superior Room – windsorhoteis.com or similar
- Private Transfer Hotel / Airport
- Welcome Dinner (D) in a typical restaurant (beverages not included);
- Walking Introductory / Blocos Tour (3h);
- Private tour (3h – 4h) to Sugar Loaf with Entrance fee;
- Private tour (3h – 4h) to Corcovado with Entrance free;
- By night at Sambadrome with Ticket for Sector 11 with guide at disposal full time (round trip by metro);
- Metro tickets for the Sambadrome and Blocos Tour
- English Speaking Guides
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International airfare
- Domestic airfare
- Airport taxes- domestic and international
- Travel insurance
- Visa and visa fees
- Additional/optional activities
- lunches and dinners not mentioned
- Beverages and drinks
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone
- International departure tax
- Gratuities and tips
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions. In any case, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travellers